Aeration and Air Diffusion
Reliant – Lagoon Master
The Reliant Lagoon Master Water-Moving and Sludge Activating Aeration System is not just an aerator, but it continuously, and slowly, moves water along the bottom of a lagoon/pond delivering large amounts of dissolved oxygen (DO) using a minimum of energy. When compared to standard aerators, the Lagoon Master is more efficient, less costly to operate, and requires less maintenance.
- Utilizes only 3kW of energy per 4040 – 16180m2 of water.
- No propellers or shafts underwater to foul.
- No belts or gearboxes to break or require maintenance.
- Non-corrosive materials of construction -Anodized aluminum, HDPE, Stainless Steel.
- Weights 499kg and floats in less than 1.5m of water depth.
- The addition of up to 6.8kg of dissolved oxygen per hour.
Guaranteed Results for your Water and Wastewater Application
ADS fine bubble aeration has been used around the world as a natural and biological treatment solution for water and wastewater. The advanced ADS process can reduce BOD, TSS, nitrogen, and phosphorus levels to single-digit concentrations. ADS guarantees both products and treatment for five years at no cost to the owner. With ADS it is now possible to obtain clean, odor-free effluent water, without the use of chemicals or sludge handling.
Diffusing air into water is not a new concept and it does not have to be complex. ADS manufactures fine bubble bottom-laid aeration to provide uniform oxygenation and mixing throughout the entire water column.
ADS Aeration Advantages
- Oxygenation: Independently certified to ASCE standards to provide 3% / foot of water depth (SOTE)
- Mixing: At 15 feet of water depth, 100 feet of ADS fine bubble aeration will pump/mix 25 MGD using less than 1 HP
- Quiescent: Non-turbulent (laminar) flow of fine bubbles into water settles out suspended solids.
- Stored solids and sludge are not resuspended back into the water column
- High efficiency: more efficient than other available technologies. Improved treatment and reduced electrical usage
- User friendly: Easy to install and maintain, without the need to dewater
Whether you raise catfish, shrimp, tilapia, prawns, minnows, trout, bass or any other type of aquatic life, there are many benefits obtained by incorporating ADS aeration into your operation.
ADS Aquaculture Advantages
- Simple design, installation, and operation – only one moving part
- Custom designed for each application
- Unsurpassed mixing provides uniform distribution of oxygen
- Reduced energy
- Doubles production
- Minimizes fish kills, especially in winter months
- Increases stocking density
- Liquid oxygen can be injected during power outages or emergencies
Reliable and efficient oxygen enrichment with effective matter distribution and activated sludge circulation – as a basis for the optimal activity of microorganisms and thus a particularly good extraction of pollutants in biological wastewater treatment systems.
With the PASSAVANT® Surface Aerator MAMMUTROTOR®, Bilfinger Water Technologies offers you an universal solution which has been especially developed for aeration, circulation and stir mixing processes. More than 8,400 installations with a total length of approximately 52 km have meanwhile been deployed worldwide and the MAMMUTROTOR® has become the byword for economic and reliable surface aeration.
Oxygen transfer occurs during the operation of the MAMMUTROTOR® by means of an intensive turbulence of the phase boundary between the air and the wastewater / activated sludge mixture, directly at the aeration rotor. The flow energy which is simultaneously introduced ensures the requisite blending of the activated sludge, wastewater and oxygen.
This ensures sedimentation-free operation in tanks with a depth of up to 3.5 m. In deeper tanks of up to 8 m, the mixing process is supported by additional agitators which allow an intermittent mode of operation, in addition to the continuous mode. The oxygen enrichment efficiency and the cost effectiveness of the system are further enhanced by the optional
installation of guide baffles mounted transversely to the outflow of the aeration rotors.
- Particularly robust operation and long service life
- Constant oxygen input throughout the entire service life
- T rouble-free maintenance and low maintenance requirements – all relevant parts above the surface of the water
- Flexible fields of application with regard to possible control strategies and treatment goals
- No negative influence on oxygen input through wastewater content – α-factor is 1
The heart of the system is the actual aeration rotor, a central shaft with clamped star mountings made of glass-fibre reinforced plastic. Their slightly spiralled arrangement ensures low-noise, shock-free operation.
The drive unit and the end bearing are equally important for the provision of stable low-maintenance operations over the course of many years. The system is, therefore, driven by a straight bevel gear with a three phase motor. The gear unit – just as the end bearing – have been tailor-made by PASSAVANT® for this particularly challenging field of application and successfully employed in conjunction with the MAMMUTROTOR® for many years.
Let’s Discuss Your Engineering Project
Our team will do the hard work for you. From concept to full implementation, watch your vision unfold…