Air Vacuum Sewer and Conveying Systems
Roediger and Airvac vacuum collection systems are ideal for building, industrial and marine applications. The product ranges from standard “compact vacuum stations” for small sewer systems serving a small number of houses to larger, individually custom-made vacuum stations serving hundreds or thousands of houses and buildings. The wastewater is collected in one collection tank which can be placed inside or buried outside the vacuum station. From there the wastewater is transported via the discharge pumps to the treatment plant or to an existing sewer.
The capacity and size of vacuum stations depend on the particular requirements of the sewer service area. Vacuum sewers use differential air pressure to transport sewage. Vacuum pumps located at a central vacuum station maintain vacuum on the collection system. A normally closed interface valve, located in a valve pit, seals the collection system to maintain vacuum throughout. The interface valve opens when a predetermined amount of sewage accumulates in the collecting sump. The resulting differential pressure between atmosphere and vacuum propels the sewage towards the vacuum station.
Vacuum sewers offer the following advantages:
- Cost savings due to smaller pipes, shallower and narrower trenches, less dewatering and significantly less surface restoration… all done with smaller Equipment!
- Only 1 source of power is required at the vacuum station. A standby generator at the vacuum station provides uninterrupted service during power outages. No power is required at the house/valve pit.
- Operator friendly as the operator never comes in contact with raw sewage. Confined spaces are not an issue.
- Environmentally friendly as the system is entirely closed which not only prevents leakage but also infiltration and inflow. This also results in a reduced load on the treatment plant.
- Multiple lift stations can be replaced as it is not uncommon for one vacuum station to replace 6-8 gravity lift stations.
- Cost overruns avoided due to vacuum’s vertical and horizontal routing flexibility which allows unforeseen underground utility conflicts to easily be avoided.
Airvac / Roediger
A brand of Aqseptence Group
Airvac / Roediger vacuum sewer systems are a cost-effective, environmentally friendly alternative to traditional gravity and pressure sewer systems providing low maintenance, efficient and reliable sewage collection. It’s a proven technology for conveying wastewater and an innovative solution for modern supply and disposal systems. As a system supplier Airvac and Roediger are one of the leading brands in the field of vacuum technology, standing for quality and customised solutions.
Let’s Discuss Your Engineering Project
Our team will do the hard work for you. From concept to full implementation, watch your vision unfold…